The Student Emergency Fund provides limited, time-sensitive emergency funding for University of Tennessee, Knoxville students experiencing financial hardship.
Funds may be utilized to cover expenses such as:
- Essential academic needs (e.g. books and supplies)
- Replacement of personal items
- Emergency housing needs (e.g. securing short-term housing, security deposits, assistance with utilities, etc.)
- One-time / non-recurring medical expenses
- Emergency expenses related to dependents (e.g. childcare)
Example of Expenses Not Covered:
- Tuition and fees
- UT Housing and meal plans
- Health insurance
- Study abroad costs
- Non-essential utilities
- Parking tickets
- Costs for entertainment, recreation, non-emergency travel
- Legal counsel and fees
- Other non-essential expenses
- Applicants must be current UT Knoxville students. Students graduating in fall 2020 are eligible. Fall 2020 graduates must submit their application by December 1, 2020.
- Students currently receiving financial aid should be aware that receiving funding from the Student Emergency Fund may affect their current aid-year financial aid packages. If the emergency funds will impact your financial aid, you will be personally contacted to discuss your options before any funds are awarded. For information on the impact to your financial aid package, please contact at One Stop at 865-974-1111.
- Each student receiving funds for the Emergency Funds will be required to meet with a representative from the Center for Financial Wellness. If approved for funds, more information will be included in the award letter.
Any questions regarding the Student Emergency Fund can be directed to:
Office of the Dean of Students