What is Rocky Topics?
Rocky Topics is a continued dialogue series hosted by the Office of the Dean of Students. Previous Rocky Topics have included Natural Hair and Beauty, Disability and Visibility, and Student Leadership and Mental Health. Dr. Joe Miles, associate professor of psychology and Dr. Shea Kidd Houze, Assistant Vice Chancellor and Dean of Students collaborate to explore challenging and timely topics. Drs. Miles and Kidd Houze have partnered with faculty, staff and students to cultivate brave spaces for meaningful conversation.
Upcoming Rocky Topics
- September 2: RockyTopics: Allyship and Antiracism 2.0 @ 5:30 PM
- September 16: RockyTopics COVID-19 @ 5:30 PM
- October 14: RockyTopics Free Speech and Compassionate Care @ 5:30 PM
- November 4: RockyTopics: The Day After (DOS+ MSL) @ 5:30 PM
- November 11: RockyTopics: A Week After (DOS + MSL) @ 5:30 PM