The Office of the Dean of Students is dedicated to cultivating an inclusive learning community for students at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. We value leadership and service, mattering and belonging and compassionate care as essential themes of the student experience.
Through a holistic approach, our departments work to accomplish our mission through transformative experiences, events and initiatives that complement the mission, vision and values of the University and the Division of Student Life.
- 974HELP is a 24/7 mental health referral line available to students, faculty/staff, and family members.
- CARE Team meet with students going through times of transition and provide guidance and support in finding the right resources, because emotional wellbeing is paramount to academic success.
- Consultations with Deans allow students to seek guidance on becoming better engaged and supported on Rocky Top.
- Big Orange Meal Share provides short term meal assistance to students facing food insecurity.
- UT to West TN offers a more affordable round trip home to Nashville, Jackson, or Memphis for the three major breaks: Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring Break.
- Absence Notifications assist students who are unable to attend class due to an emergency situations/extenuating circumstances.
- RockyTop Roundtable is a student advisory board for the Dean of Students.
- Chancellor’s Leadership and Service Scholarships recognize Volunteers who have made valuable contributions on UT’s campus and in the Knoxville community.
- Student Honorary Coach recognizes devoted Volunteer fans with an opportunity to participate in game day activities and watch the game on the field sidelines.
- Smokey’s Sofa gives students the opportunity to have a front row seat at UT men’s and women’s basketball games.
- Bias Education and Response Team (BERT) supports and guides students seeking assistance in determining how to handle a bias incident.
- Rocky Topics is a continued series exploring challenging and timely campus and community dialogue.
- Lunch Hours offers students a chance to invite faculty or staff members to connect outside of office hours for lunch on us!
- Kicks and Convos gives the Dean of Students a chance to learn about the student experience while walking around campus.
- Milkshake Mondays occur on select Mondays of each semester in the Student Union. Find the Dean of Students handing out free mini milkshakes!