If you or a fellow Vol experience the following, call 865-974-HELP immediately.
- Suicidal thoughts or plan
- Thoughts of harming others
- Self-harming behaviors (cutting, burning, scarring)
- Continued or worsening distress despite previous efforts to help
- Sudden changes in behavior or mood that are out of character
- Stalking behaviors (overly focused behavior on an individual, following physically or via social media, excessively contacting when told not to do so, constant need or desire to approach the individual, giving unwanted gifts)
- “Better off dead” thoughts
- Impulsive and risky behaviors
- No care for one’s own well-being and safety
- Academic distress
- Medical issues
- Legal problems
- Death of a friend or family member
If you or a fellow Vol have experienced a sexual assault, relationship violence, or stalking, call the Office of Title IX at 865-974-9600 for support.
If a student’s behavior is an imminent threat to him or herself or others (if they have a direct plan to harm self or others, or cannot be left unsupervised due to behavior), call the UT Police Department at 865-974-3114 or call 911.